Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ugly Kite Making 101 Tutorial

I know, i know you guys miss my posts. This is because I've been rather busy with kite making or it's just an excuse I'm using. Last Friday, my school celebrated National Day with a competition for Kite Making & Flying. Thursday night, i rushed the kite.

You know what's the secret to make an UGLY kite of a lifetime, here is Kite(r) Goh's 101 Tutorial.

1) Make a proper structure.
2) Lay the Cellophane paper.
3) Place the structure over.
4) Glued it with a super glue.
5) Wait for it to dry.
6) Cut the outline of the kite.
7) Fold the extra outline & tap/glue it.
8) Throw in the air, to see if there is 0.00000001% resistance.
9) Take a permanent marker, and draw some pathetic design.
10) Last but not least, SMILE with contentment although it sucks.

Yesterday, was the Holiday for Singapore's National Day. There's a holiday on Monday because National Day falls on a weekend this year, therefore the following day will be a public holiday, 10/8/09.

I went kite flying at Sengkang's big field with 2 other Life groups. We had a ton of fun, it was the first time for some of them including myself in Kite Flying. We played kite, captain ball & Frisbee. I'm excited and exhausted at the same time.

In order for your kite to fly high, you've to run and release your string so that it catches the wind!

No comments: